Thursday, July 23, 2015

{Stamp Simply} Peaceful Joy


Merry Christmas in July!

We're celebrating Christmas all week this week over on the Stamp Simply blog, so I made a card combining elements from three different JustRite sets for the occasion.  I started by cutting a circle with the Pierced Circle dies, and, while the paper was still in the die, I sponged a wintery sky.  I stamped my sentiment from the Great Joy set in black ink and then added some shimmer to the star and the snow with a Stardust pen. A silver Wink of Stella would have worked wonderfully, too!  I stamped and cut out a deer from the Grand Christmas Sentiments set and set it aside until I finished my background.  To make my background I stamped the snowflake from the Gift of Faith Sentiments set in versamark ink and then embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then I decided where I wanted my main circle and sponged my background so they would line up.  I attached my sentiment circle with 3D foam - the thicker ones - and then added the deer with the thinner 3D foam squares.  LOVE that they come in two thicknesses!

Here's my Stamp Simply shopping list for this week!



Have a happy Christmas in July!

Tricia

4 comments:

Georgiana said...

Very pretty!

BJ Searcy said...

Gorgeous card.

CherylQuilts said...

Tricia, what a beautiful card, and I love the snowflakes!! And I love the blue and your wonderful sponging! I'm getting excited myself about making some Christmas cards! Hugs, sweet friend!

Kristi said...

I love all the tiny details on this card! The snowflakes, the shading in your background, the perfectly pierced edge around your sentiment. What a lovely, peaceful scene!